Chicken houses, arks, coops and runs are our speciality at Steve Fisher Woodworking. Having hand built poultry houses for many, many years to the highest possible standards and using traditional british craftsmanship our chicken runs represent amongst the highest quality products in the United Kingdom. Based near York in North Yorkshire we serve both the whole of the United Kingdom.
As well as farmers, smallholder's and individual customers, our houses have been supplied to, schools, agricultural colleges, local authorities, city farms, farming museums and the RSPCA. Also, as a third generation poultry farmer/keeper and 23 years manufacture of timber products our understanding and experience in creating the perfect chicken house, run, coop or ark is second to none.
To help you decide which chicken house is the right one for you, click here for a beginners guide to keeping chickens
All of our log stores are made from Tanalith pressure treated Scandanavian redwood, not inferior whitewood, and are Stylish and Sturdy and built to last. In addition to our standard models shown here, we also build Log Stores to suit your landscape and buildings Just call us with the dimensions of what you require and we will quote you. Also doors, and shelves for kindling can also be added at an extra cost.
Chicken House Specifications
- Treatment: All of the timber used in our units is TANALITH pressure treated to give a life span of up to 25 years without maintenance.
- Floor: The floors fitted are of tongue and groove construction. All boards are machined to 12mm on a 38 x 38mm frame.
- Cladding: Imported red wood tongue and groove ship lap is machined to a thickness of 12mm.
- Frame: Frames are constructed with either planed 38 x 38mm or 50 x 38 depending on the size of unit.
- Metal work: All screws, hinges, nails, bolts etc are galvanised or plated
- Roof: 12mm tongue and groove construction covered with 20kg mineral felt, where applicable.
Orders can be placed by Telephone, Fax, or e-mail. Our lead time is usually four weeks from date of order but can be more at busy times. We will always try and accommodate you if your order is urgent.
We accept payment by cheque, credit card and cash.
All units are shipped Flat Packed with full assembly instructions on pallets. Delivery is extra to some areas, the charge is dependant on post code area. Alternatively units can be picked up from our workshop or you can arrange your own transport.